Here When You Need Veterinary Surgical Services in McKean, PA
Our veterinarians at McKean Veterinary Hospital are proficient and confident in most surgical procedures your pet or farm animal might need. We proudly provide a range of veterinary surgical services in McKean, PA. Our doctors employ the highest standard of aseptic technique as well as the safest forms of anesthesia and monitoring for our patients.
If your pet requires surgery, you can be certain that our veterinarians and staff will discuss all aspects of the procedure with you, including expected costs and expected patient recovery.
A Range of Surgical Services to Meet Your Pet’s Needs
When you turn to us for veterinary surgeries, you can rest assured that our highly experienced team is committed to keeping your furry friend in the best of health. Our animal hospital spays and neuters pets and provides growth removals, reconstructive surgeries, and a range of other services.
We genuinely care about the well-being of your animal, and it shows in everything we do. Trust our team to listen carefully to your needs and requests, while keeping you updated on your pet’s condition. We know how stressful it can feel not knowing what’s going on with your animal, which is why we always keep you in the loop.
Compassionate Care for Every Pet
Every animal we treat is a special patient. We provide all pets with customized surgery plans that match their specific health requirements, rather than taking a one-size-fits-all approach. From dental cleanings and reconstructive surgery of the nose to dental extractions and orthopedic procedures, we do it with great care and attention to detail. Let us show you why so many local pet owners turn to us for their animals’ surgical procedures.
We place a particular emphasis on safe and effective pain control pre- and post-operatively--our local animal hospital even boasts a brand new radiowave surgery unit. Radiowave surgery has many benefits over using a blade, laser, or electrocautery. We also focus on neurology.
- Decreased Post-Operative Pain
- Decreased Post-Surgical Swelling
- Reduced Risk of Infection
- Quicker Recovery
- Safer than Laser or Electrocautery
- No Burning or Charring of Tissue
Our veterinarians and technicians are well trained and committed to honing their anesthetic and surgical skills. The procedures that we offer at McKean Veterinary Hospital include:
Elective & Routine Surgeries
- Spaying and Neutering
- Gastropexy in Large/Giant Breed Dogs
- Dental prophylaxis exams and cleaning
- Growth Removals and Tissue Biopsy
- Reconstructive Surgery on Face, Nose, Eyes, and Skin
- Brachycephalic airway syndrome corrections—nares, palate trims
- Orthopedic Procedures – Splinting, anterior cruciate ligament repair, luxating patella repair
- Dental extractions—broken teeth, abscesses and feline stomatitis syndrome
- Surgery of Urinary Tract – Pelvic Urethrostomy & Bladder Stone Removal
Contact us today for animal surgery for simple and complex medical conditions. Our veterinarians proudly serve pets and their families from Erie, Fairview, and McKean, PA, as well as the surrounding communities.